Do you enjoy a challenge and want to help top Belgian companies in their quest to become intelligent, data-driven organizations? Are you fanatical about data and do you want the chance to apply and develop your ideas and skills in an innovative and fast-moving high-tech environment? Then you might be our next Data Analytics Cloud Architect!
Ordina is seeking for someone who has a first experience in data analytics architecture principles and is willing to further actively grow into the below job role description!
Where you're going to get started
As Data Analytics Cloud Architect at Ordina, you will be part of our Data Driven unit, helping customers to become data-driven and targeting their digital transformation. As a team player, you interact with different complementary data stakeholders to achieve the customers’ overall data objectives.
You are responsible for shaping and concretizing IT-managed, hybrid and/or self-service data analytics capabilities, thereby targeting intelligent data-driven decision making. This from the data ingestion, through the data integration/modelling and towards the data consumption perspective. You mainly focus on the modern Microsoft Azure cloud ecosystem and, at the same time, you will be challenged by understanding the customer’s (on-premises) data ecosystem at hand to decide on the relevant cloud solution building blocks for implementing the required business’ data capabilities. Based on your personal expectations, you can either focus more on the strategic or on the technical spectrum side to be the best company fit you can be.
Targeting the data-specific enterprise architecture domain, your main incentive is to architect well-designed data systems with a strong emphasis on the right customer value being delivered a the right time. Therefore, leveraging standardization is a key driver in order to unlock and apply data acceleration patterns supporting the time-based customer value delivery.
Your role will additionally consist of data ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), thereby focusing on Continuous data Integration (CI), Deployment (CD), Testing (CT) and data Disaster Recovery (DR). Shaping transparency in total cost of data ownership (both for the on-premises and cloud data ecosystem) will complement your architectural design. Broader data governance principles will cross your path as well and your strategic competences will help incorporating them into your data analytics architecture.
This is you
- You have (a first) experience in some relevant data analytics architecture principles and are above all passionate about the topic
- You are willing to explore and actively grow into data analytics architecture
- You are a team player, have a critical-thinking mindset and are result-oriented
- Fluent in English as well as in Dutch and/or French
- You possess (a first) knowledge about the value and use of (some of the) Microsoft Azure solution building blocks such as for instance Data Factory, SQL Database, Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Key Vault, DevOps, Power BI, Stream Analytics, Event Hub Namespace, Purview, Monitor, etc.
- You guide customers in the optimal use of the previous Azure cloud platform data building blocks
- You have a good understanding about data warehousing/lakehousing principles
- You are familiar with relational data modelling techniques (3NF, dimensional modelling, data vault, etc.) and optionally have notions about NoSQL (graph, etc.)
- You are willing to operate in the overall data governance ecosystem, which includes broader topics such as master and reference data, data quality, metadata management, etc.
- You are willing to coach other team members in developing similar career paths
- You are willing to contribute your knowledge and experience during customer offerings
At Ordina, you’ll be part of a dynamic team in a transparent and high-tech environment. But of course, that’s not all! Here’s what else we have to offer you:
- Contributing to challenging projects at top international and Belgian companies in diverse sectors
- You work in a high-tech environment with a focus on knowledge and innovation, an open no-nonsense business culture with space for personal initiative
- A competitive salary
- A wide range of benefits, including: company car, insurance plan, laptop and phone, meal vouchers, expense account, etc.
- Together we work out a personal growth path, both at the technical and soft skill level
- You keep your technical and social skills up to date at our Ordina Academy you are supported in obtaining certificates
- Possibility for participation in our community evenings
- Various chances to socialize with colleagues during fun team events