Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures.
We offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy. We are looking for professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
Interested in joining a company with a strong sense of community?
We’re growing. We’re hiring. We encourage. We empower. We support.
Life on the team
A motivated and skilled Senior IT Support Engineer who is client- and solutions-oriented, enjoys working proactively, and has a strong sense of responsibility.
If this is you, then we would like to discuss your next career move!
We have an opportunity for a Senior IT Support Engineer to join our dynamic Technical Resource Group team and work on site with a key customer in Anderlecht.
What You'll Do
Working as part of a dynamic team you will provide a wide range of (proactive) end-user support services. You will deliver outstanding customer services by understanding end-users needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Onsite Support including regular interactions with VIP users.
- IT Minute Support (Tech Bar) including regular interactions with VIP users.
- Meeting Room Support including regular interactions with VIP users.
- Queue incident, task and request management.
- Share tips & tricks on the digital work environment, advise end-users and provide adequate solutions.
- Preparing workstations for newcomers.
- Following up on the leaver process and hardware return.
- Mobile device support (configuration and delivery).
- Maintaining and updating of documentation.
- Local stock management.
- End-user guidance regarding operational procedures (how to request, who to contact, which tools are available…)
- Respond to hardware and software service calls and ensure SLA targets are achieved.
- Adhere to escalation procedures.
- Perform hardware and software installations.
- Perform second line diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Advanced level desktop & mobile device installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services.
- Provide basic server & network installation, configuration and administration.
- Assist with technical escalations for other team members.
- Ensure accurate completion of all incident records and associated paperwork
- Responsible for the follow-up of our customer’s Incidents and Problems until resolution
- To monitor and update the incident management system as required
- Escalation call logging and follow-up with vendors and other 3rd party companies
- Ensure correct escalation procedures are followed on all critical customer calls and requests
- Liaises with the Help Desk and other resolver groups in order to ensure a swift and adequate ticket resolution
- Contribute to and use the sites procedure file
- Participate in team meetings
What You'll Need
You bring hands-on technical skills as well as great interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, you have 3 years of experience in a support environment; previous customer service experience
- A broad technical knowledge of PC’s/mobile solutions /peripherals and their architecture
- Good working knowledge of current MS Office package and operating systems
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills; adaptable and welcoming of change and communicating change to customers
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Willing to take initiative and be hands-on
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues and able to work under pressure
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and good command of French, Dutch knowledge is a plus
- A valid driver’s license B
What Can You Expect
We strongly believe in rewarding & recognizing people for their results & commitment. Here's what you can expect working at Computacenter:
- An attractive salary package with extra benefits.
- The very real opportunity to progress, develop and grow your career - up or sideways; we have excellent development opportunities through training, on-the-job projects, mentoring, etc.
- Working in a fun and vibrant 'one team' culture that thrives on putting the customer first & celebrating success – together.
- The opportunity to work for a company that truly values people & listens.