• As a network engineer you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining our backbone network as well as customer’s network.
• The person will be responsible for providing support to our level 1 support team and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
• You may also be involved in designing new networks/services together with the network architect.
• He/She will ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance to our customers which are Municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police.
• He/She will show technical understanding as well as empathy on customers issues.
• He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue and/or configuration in the knowledge database/documentations.
• He/She works as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, and will know at least one of those environments:
o Cisco routing and switching
o Cisco MPLS: ASR, ISR
o Cisco Wireless (controller 5520, CMX)
o HPe products (switches HP Aruba 3810, 5900)
o Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part.
o Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
• He/She will participate into presales meetings with the customers to understand the business needs and transform them into network design
• He/She will validate quotes from the sales department on their technical aspects and adequation to the customers’ needs
• He/She will give support to the other competence centers (ucc / voice / IT) on network related questions
• The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
• This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
• After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery
• Works in collaboration with the operations team and the architect.
• Report to the Network Infrastructure Manager.
• Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers ((W)LAN/UCC/Video).
• Connects directly with end customers and vendors.
• Builds effective working relationships with customers while delivering their service solutions.
• S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
• S/he will have a direct communication with the customer.
• S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
• S/he will provide level 2 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
• S/He will provide the next steps of troubleshooting in case of need
• S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
• S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
• S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
• Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom (support) environment (advantageous).
• High "core" networking skills (routing, switching, MPLS)
• Knowledge of network Architecture (advantageous)
• Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential). Bachelor’s in computer studies or equivalent by experience.
• Cisco, Fortinet, HPe or other relevant technical certification.
• Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling is a surplus
• Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English
• Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
• Enjoys sharing knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
• Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
• Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
• Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
• Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement.
• Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive.
The successful candidate should be:
o Strong communicator and negotiator with interpersonal skills who can develop solid relationships, influence clients in their decision making (storytelling) and achieve required results for his/her client.
o Autonomous, self-motivated, engaged and organized, ready to take ownership, set priorities and work towards deliverables.
o Customer focused, listen actively to various parties and takes responsibility for customer issues.
o Team player who works well with colleagues from various departments, can value the team and advantages it brings, motivates others for the projects and maintains good communication with management and colleagues so that no opportunities are lost.
o Entrepreneur who is curious, energetic and flexible in adapting quickly to change. He/she takes initiatives, identifies business opportunities and can propose out-of-the-box solutions.
o Result-oriented and persevering, adopts a disciplined and commercial approach to achieving objectives whilst also being patient and making sure that in the long run business opportunities at prospects/clients become projects.
o Analytical with financial insight, familiar with key financial ratios and business indicators.