Our Customer in the telco business is currently looking for a Data Governance Manager.
End-to-end responsible for the definition, implementation and roll-out of data governance self-services (e.g. business glossary, data catalogue, reference data, data ownership...) and the realization of the resulting business value for the Customers data workers.
- She/he drives to the definition and implementation of the self-services part of the corporate governance (business glossary, data inventory, metadata management) and support its roll-out in business and IT teams.
- She/he ensure the relevance of these services towards the business and is responsible of the realization of the value at stake.
- She/he gathers the requirements from the data communities, translate them into a Data Governance Roadmap and enrich the product backlog in a continuous improvement spirit.
- She/he ensure the delivery of the product backlog together with the IT and business teams and the integration of new functionalities into the Data Management Tools;
- She/he report on the respect of the governance, raise issues in a timely manner to propose a solution to them and measure results against the data governance objectives of efficiency, standardization, re-use and compliance.
- She/he is responsible of the adoption of the data management tools under his ownership. She/he is a change agent in turning our Customer into a data driven organization.
- She/he is the link between the Data Governance & Quality Team and the business and is a key contributor and facilitator of the roll-out of the company-wide data governance.
Degree & Experience
- master degree and ~10 year relevant experience in product management, domain architecture, IT analyst, process management or operations
- proven track record in the end-to-end implementation of a data governance program.
- proven track record in usage and implementation of Collibra
- good understanding of the main business processes and IT systems involved along the data lifecycle.
- knowledge in following technologies, languages and tools: SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teradata, SQL Server, .net, C#, HDFS, Hive, Python, Git, Linux, MSY, Power BI
- Business driven and data minded
- strong business acumen and able to understand the impact of data in achieving business objectives and to translate them into concrete data needs and actions
- excellent oral/written communication & balanced with assertiveness & respect
- constructive and pragmatic when solving problems in a customer centric way
- autonomous, efficient and organized and able to respect deadlines
- stress resistant and flexible
- able to work in a collaborative and service-oriented spirit
- result oriented & perserverant
fluent in French, Dutch and English