Ordina is the digital business partner that uses technology and market knowledge to give its customers an edge. We help our customers stay ahead of change through smart digital end-to-end solutions, sustainable software solutions and the design and management of IT landscapes.
As an application support engineer, you are responsible for resolving application and system problems that arise. You respond quickly when technical problems occur abruptly and need to be resolved immediately. In doing so, you will combine your business skills and technical IT knowledge.
In addition, you will:
- Provide technical support to teams within the organization as well as external customers
- Implement functional changes in both existing and new applications
- Test and introduce modified applications within the organization
- Be responsible for management and user support for various applications
- Provide advice and support to users
- Keeping user documentation and procedures up to date
- Monitoring interfaces of different applications
- Examining problem notifications
- Improving existing processes
Where you're going to get started
Business Platform Services, or BPS, focuses on core IT, from the front-end to the backend of business platforms. With our services, we ensure the continuity of processes and optimize customers' IT strategy so they benefit from technological capabilities, control their costs and make platforms current and profitable. We do this on the basis of two portfolio blocks: the digital workplace and our cloud management services. With BPS, we operate in the industrial, life sciences, public and finance sectors.
This is you
- You have a bachelor's degree in IT or have equivalent knowledge through experience
- You work fluently in databases via SQL
- You have broad (all-round) IT skills and you learn new applications quickly
- You are able to explain complex ideas to people with limited technical knowledge
- You have a good knowledge of computing systems within an organization
- You have strong analytical skills and learn quicklyYou have a passion for customer experience
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- You can communicate fluently in Dutch and English
- Experience with custom made applications is a plus
- You contribute to challenging projects at top international and Belgian companies in diverse sectors
- You work in a high-tech environment with a focus on knowledge and innovation, an open no-nonsense business culture with space for personal initiative
- You keep your technical and social skills up to date at our Ordina Academy you are supported in obtaining certificates
- You receive a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, insurance package, luncheon vouchers, expense account etc.
- You can take part in fun business and team building activities